Barbados Manufacturers AssociationSuite 201 Bldg 8 Harbour Indus Est Barbados
The BMA promotes and encourages the development of manufacturing operations suitable to the community and capable of making a contribution to the economic and social developme
nt of Barbados
In addition, the BMA represents the interests of manufacturers and other producers before Government, local, regional and extra-regional bodies with the capacity to make rules effecting the interest and well-being of its members.
The Barbados Manufacturers’ Association was incorporated under the Companies’ Act as a limited company on July 23, 1964. The Association is dedicated to furthering the interest of local manufacturers, and its membership, on a collective basis.
The objectives of BMA are:
• To promote and encourage the development, in Barbados, of manufacturing operations suitable to the community and capable of making contributions to the economic welfare and development of the island
• To encourage and assist manufacturers in the use of efficient and moder n methods of production
the maintenance of proper standards of safety, labour relations, employee welfare, public relations and advertising
• To promote and encourage adherence by manufacturers in Barbados to proper standards and grades of quality in all manufactured products.
• To promote and encourage the use by consumers, through all relevant marketing methods, of products manufactured in Barbados.
• To assist in securing markets for both the procurement of raw materials and finished products.
• To consult together on problems affecting local manufacturing and to take such action from time to time as may be thought proper or expedient.
• To collect and disseminate statistical or other information relating to trade and industry, imports and exports, manufacturing processes and developments, labour, and all or any other matters that may be thought to be in the interest of the Association and its members.
• To enter into any arrangement or j oint venture with any persons, company or organisation whether national or international carrying on or about to carry on any business which this Association is authorised to carry on.
We at the BMA lobby on behalf of our members on ANY issues (locally or regionally) that directly or indirectly affect them.
The BMA’s mentorship programme was launched in May 2009. The aim of the programme is to offer members the opportunity to strengthen their competencies by drawing from the experience, knowledge and expertise of some of the relevant industries’ greatest retired resources.
The BMA provides opportunities for Manufacturer’s by:
• Guiding manufacturers in the use of modern and safe methods of manufacturing by encouraging the maintenance of proper standards of safety, whilst maintaining good labour relations and fostering employee welfare
• Encouraging manufacturers to adhere to proper standards whilst maintaining high quality products
• Promoting and encouraging, through our Brands of Barbados Campaign and Trade Fairs, the use by consumers of products manufactured in Barbados.
We assist manufacturers:
• To secure markets for raw materials and finished products
• By consulting with reference to any challenges that affect local industries and take necessary action to resolve these any issues from time as may be thought proper and expedient
• To collect and disseminate statistical and all other information relating to international trade and industry, deemed to be in the interest of the Association and its Members Read more......Read less