Patrick Bailey & Co is a trusted name for a wide array of legal services. Located both in Kingston and Ocho Rios we are attorneys who offer general legal services while also specialising in criminal and civil matter, real estate, probate and family law. We are committed to providing excellent services for all our clients; and always have your interest at heart. Calls us today we are here for you. Read more......Read less
Myers Fletcher & Gordon established in 1944, has offices in Jamaica and England, with a total of 50 attorneys. Myers Fletcher & Gordon provides the clients with innovative and
sophisticated legal support across a wide range of practice areas. Myers Fletcher & Gordon is the preeminent law firm in Jamaica in the areas of corporate and commercial law, real estate, tourism, transportation and financial services.
Has attorneys who are conversant in the laws of various jurisdictions Read more......Read less
3Unit 14 42 3/4 Beechwood Ave Kingston 5 JamaicaGet directions
RDL Distributors is a company registered by the Registrar of Companies in Jamaica and approved by the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica. RDL Distributors is the authorized distribut
or of Standard Diagnostics, Inc (SD) Rapid Test Kits in Jamaica W.I. RDL Distributors is a young company it has a well learnt and experienced team, including Physician, Pharmacists and Technology Consultant to the Board of Directors. RDL Distributors is committed to provide the most appropriate technologically advanced medical devices to medical practitioners and consumers
SD Bioline Rapid Test Kits
SD Elisa Kits
SD Urine Analysis Strips
Recharged Distributors Limited trading as RDL Distributors is a company registered by the Registrar of Companies in Jamaica and approved by the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica. RDL Distributors' presence in the marketplace will see keen attention given to the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, medical devices, medical supplies and excellent customer service to the dist ribution trade. While RDL Distributors is a young company it has a well learnt and experienced team, including Physician, Pharmacists and Technology Consultant to its Board of Directors.
Our Vision and Mission
The shareholders vision is for the company to be the leading healthcare distribution company in the Caribbean Region, which is financially profitable and provides services of the highest imaginary quality to its customers.
RDL Distributors are committed to provide the most appropriate technologically advanced medical devices to medical practitioners and consumers, provide the best all natural health products and prescription drugs to the distribution trade at a competitive price backed by excellent customer service.
RDL Distributors is the exclusive distributor of Standard Diagnostics, Inc (SD) Rapid Test Kits in Jamaica W.I. On April 5, 2010, STANDARD DIAGNOSTICS, INC. organized under the Law of the Republic of Korea and havin g its principal office at 156-68 Hagal-dong, Gihenung-gu, Yongin-si, Kyonggi-do Korea authorized Recharged Distributors Limited of Kingston, Jamaica as its distributor in that country for the registration, importation, distribution and to sign for public contract for SD Rapid Test Kits.
Company Certification & Awards
The Customer Service and Distribution facility of RDL Distributors is located at Unit 14, 42 3/4 Beechwood Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica W.I. and is a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility certified by the Ministry of Health & Environment and the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica. The company's operation is approved by the National Contracts Commission (NCC) under the category of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Equipment Supplies. The NCC is the Government body responsible for certifying suppliers to provide goods and services to the Government of Jamaica as stipulated by the Government Procurement Guidelines. Read more......Read less
479 Duke St, Kingston, JamaicaGet directions
It was early in the 1900s that the governor Sir Sidney Olivier, requested Frank Cundall, Secretary of the Institute of Jamaica, to prepare a list of historic sites, buildings
and monuments in each parish. He was to state in each case the nature of its interest and the name of the owner. This was prepared with the assistance of local officers of the medical, police and public works department, the Collectors of Taxes and the Parochial Board and some private individuals. At the direction of the Governor the list was published in the supplement of the Jamaica Gazette December 1909.
In his comments which accompanied the list, Mr. Cundall expressed the hope that this may be the means of steps being taken to preserve old buildings and other monuments from 'decay and the hand of man', and that in the case of private property owners would be induced to take better care of their buildings. The list was incorporated as part of a report dealing with the preservation of historic sites and a ncient monuments in the West Indian Colonies presented to the British Parliament.
As many of the monuments that original list no longer exist one would assume that no real programme of preservation followed on this burst of interest. In 1946, Mr. Angus Acworth of the Georgian Group in England at the request of the Jamaican Historical Society and the British Council visited Jamaica and his resulting report 'Buildings of Architectural or Historic Interest in the British West Indies' published in 1951 by H M Stationary Office as Colonial Research Studies No.2 included draft legislation for 'the preservation of the National Buildings in Jamaica.
They were able to effect through the Ministry of Communications Works, repairs to a number of monuments but the main achievement was the passing of Law No.72 of 1958 which brought the Jamaica National Trust Commission into being, a statutory body established in 1959, fully fifty years after that initial interest.
The funds for the operation of the National Trust were provided in the annual Government budget but with the pressing demands of the priorities of a developing country, these were never adequate to meet the needs. In these limited circumstances there have been nevertheless some outstanding achievements and the Commission was fortunate for several years to have had the services of the late Mr. T.A.K. Concannon, an experienced and dedicated preservationist.
As was only natural the original lists reflected the time and value of the Colonial era. The Commission in 1965 revised the published a new list of monuments. Since then there have been additions in keeping with our awareness as an Independent nation, providing for the recognition of persons and places of special significance in the evolution of the nation, hitherto neglected.
The National Trust Law was from the start inadequate to protect effectively the monuments, and requests made to Government for the necessary amendments never receiv ed attention. Mr. Concannon, had from time to time made representations in respect to this and was constantly frustrated. The JNHT which replaced the original organisation no doubt has a more comprehensive and satisfactory governing law.
September 1968 to April 1969 a UNESCO Mission composed of Prof. Christopher Tunnard and Mr. John C. Pollacco visited Jamaica and carried out a survey of historic buildings and sites in order to make recommendation for their development and presentation particularly in reference to the development of Tourism. They were considerably assisted by Mr. Concannon, advisor to the National Trust, Mr. G.C. Hodges of the Town Planning Department and Mr. C.B. Lewis, Director of Institute of Jamaica, and both members of the Jamaica National Trust Commission. Read more......Read less
Murray & Tucker was founded in 1921 and established in Brown’s Town, Saint Ann by Arthur Murray, who was later joined by Henry Douglas Tucker.
Henry Douglas Tucker wa s Chairman of the Beach Control Authority and was responsible for several beaches in Jamaica becoming public beaches.
Sometime later, Neville Clair, a retired Judge joined the Firm. Subsequent to Henry Douglas Tucker’s retirement, the reins of Murray & Tucker fell into the capable hands of Leighton Lindo.
In 1995, Leighton Lindo died and since then, the Firm has been managed by Dr. Leon Hosang.
Dr. Hosang is an eminent Barrister who was called to Lincoln’s Inn in 1969. Upon joining Murray & Tucker, he expanded the office and opened branches in Falmouth and Ocho Rios. Dr. Hosang later started sharing the wheels of Murray and Tucker with Mr. Keith Collins. Mr. Collins practices in the Cayman Islands and Jamaica.
Today the Firm boasts its operations with Five Attorneys-at-Law who practice in several areas of Law including:- Conveyancing, Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estates, Family Law, Contract, Company Law, Industrial Relations Law, Employment Law and Revenue Law.
The Firm is also blessed with highly qualified Legal Secretaries and Paralegals some of whom have over Forty (40) years’ experience under their belts.
Since 1921, Murray & Tucker has prided itself in providing quality service to its clients both at home and abroad and looks forward to serving them even better in the years to come. Read more......Read less