St Anne's Comprehensive High School12 Percy St, Kingston C S O, Jamaica
St. Anne’s Career Advancement Program (CAP) Upper School was introduced by the Ministry of Education (MOE) as a program to assist in reducing the rising tendency of students leaving high school starved of a sense of purpose, especially as it relates to their career path. The school was one of the eleven that piloted the Career Advancement Program (CAP) in January 2010. Classes were held in the afternoons from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm for students pursuing Nail Technology, Barbering, and Commercial Food Preparation. The following skills were offered the institution joined the full implementation of CAP, for September 2010-July 2011 and continued in the evening program.
Today St Anne’s CAP is two-year program targeting youths between the ages of 16-21 years for skills training and certification. Each student is assessed by the NCTVET for vocation and City and Guilds for Mathematics & English.
Support is also offered to the learners:
• Personal Development -This includes Career Development, Civics, and Entrepreneurial skills
• Remedial Intervention
• Extra Curricula Activities- Clubs/Societies/Sports
• Community Service- to encourage the spirit of volunteerism and develop the necessary employability skills.
• Remedial classes for slow learners
• Professional Development Workshops
• Educational Field Trips
• Apprenticeship Programs Read more......Read less