4th Annual Grenada Chocolate Fest
Yummy, delectable chocolate is the focus of the Grenada Chocolate Fest. A celebration of the island’s delicious organic cocoa and chocolate, the annual festival will be held under the theme, ‘Honouring Our Chocolate Roots.’ This delicious food and culture event will be held from Friday 12th to Saturday 20th May, 2017.
2017 Grenada Chocolate Festival Schedule:
Friday 12th Get In the Mood for Chocolate
- Day: Visit Grenada’s House of Chocolate in historic St George’s.
- Night: Join the Festival Chocolicious Opening Party at Dodgy Dock, True Blue Bay Resort.
Saturday 13th Healthy Benefits of Cocoa
- Day: Yoga session and cocoa tea meditation followed by chocolate breakfast.
- Afternoon: “The Chocolate Hash” experience run/walk through the countryside with the Grenada House Harriers.
Sunday 14th Chocolate and Arts and Music by the Tunnel
- Day: Walk through tour of St Georges, followed by a visit to the National Museum and Art Fabrik, a boutique with handcrafted batik art and clothes.
Monday 15th Belmont Estate Tree to Bar Experience
- Day: Visit Belmont Estate, an authentic 17th century cocoa plantation. Guided tour of the traditional ways of picking and processing cocoa through to making and creating chocolate.
- Night: Meet at the West Indies Beer Company brewery-bar for a pint of chocolate beer and other cocoaktails, delectable food, and dancing.
Tuesday 16th Cook It Up
- Day: Cook your own chocolate-inspired lunch guided by local star cooks, Esther and Omega, using fresh local produce, chocolate, cocoa and spices. Learn some quick chocolate secrets from Heidi Roberts “Kitchen Talk” visiting blogger at Dodgy Dock.
- Early Evening: Join local and international Chocolatiers at a mini salon. Session conducted by Academy of Chocolate award-winner Dom Ramsey and Elle Cocoa.
Wednesday 17th Chocolate on a Shoestring!
- Day: Be inspired by Kim and Lylette, the owners of Crayfish Bay Organic Estate by making a tree-to-bar chocolate, and, learn about the history of one of the oldest plantations in Grenada.
- Evening: Street Food Wednesday at Dodgy Dock, enjoy authentic Grenadian cuisine.
Thursday 18th Mott Green and the Grenada Chocolate Factory
- Day: Visit to Bonbon Shop in Belmont to hear Edmond Brown, one of the original founders of the Grenada Chocolate Company, tell the story of the unique Mott Green chocolate bars.
- Evening: To be announced
Friday 19th Let’s Get to Work
- Day: Be a farmer for a day at Crayfish Bay Organic Estate. Learn how to pick cocoa pods, harvest the beans and prepare them for processing. Or visit Mount Edgecombe, a working cocoa estate and boutique hotel with luscious herb and fruit gardens.
- Evening: “Sunset Bonfire, Drumming and Chocolate,” soak up the atmosphere and sway to the beat of local drums around a beach bonfire.
Saturday 20th “Chocolate Extravaganza” Party!
- Day: Visit Grenada Community Library for a taste of local chocolates.
- Evening: The final festival event at Dodgy Dock is the “last day party” which includes an Arts and Crafts Bazaar.