5 SEO Tips to Improve Mobile Marketing
For businesses it’s no longer a question of “should I invest in mobile” but “how much should I invest in mobile marketing”. Smart Insights, says 80 percent of internet users own a smartphone and comScore notes that 80 percent of social media time is spent on a mobile device. Mobile is here to stay and it’s important to know how best to optimize for your business mobile marketing efforts. Here’s a quick video on 5 tips on how to improve with mobile marketing!
- Keep Things Simple – Always remember with mobile, you’re working with less screen space and a bit more limited capacity unlike a desktop. As such, try to use shorter tail keywords & avoid too many small buttons and pop ups. The goal is to make the experience as quick and seamless as possible for your customers/potential customers.
- Be More Location Based – When it comes to mobile, most searches revolve around the micro-moments (that need and desire for an immediate resolution and answer). Ensure your mobile content is optimized for local search and include your local business address, telephone number, local map, etc.
- Be Entertaining With Content –Our attention span is very short when it comes to the online world and that’s lessened when it comes to mobile. People aren’t interested in reading or viewing anything that takes more than a few seconds! The phone is in their hand – find a creative way to captivate your visitors. Be creative!
- Include Click to Action (CTA) & Click to Call (CTC) Options –Make sure your content is optimized properly to include visible CTA and/or CTC buttons on your mobile site and/or app. You don’t want to lose out on a potential sale because the customer can’t find a way to reach your business. Also ensure that on mobile sites, there is a link to the main version of your site for those customers who may want the full access when making an order, paying for something, etc.
- Be Strategic With Rich Content – The trick is to be smart when employing these tools for mobile. Avoid text overlay and long videos. For mobile sites/app. Ready to get started with your 2018 mobile marketing strategy, Yello can help.