5 Social Media Marketing Do’s
It is no secret that social media marketing (i.e. using social media channels and platforms to market your business and brand) is one of the most utilized types of digital marketing techniques. The main reason for this is that when executed well, it can produce significant results. Statistics show that 71 percent of customers who have a positive service experience via social media are likely to recommend the company. The key, of course, is that it is executed well and to do so, there are some basic rules you should follow. Here are five do’s for a successful social media marketing strategy.
- Know Your Audience – The lifeblood of any successful business. Knowing and understanding your audience will always be a significant factor in the success or failure of any business and your social media marketing strategy is no different. You need to be able to know for certain what channel (or channels) your audience frequents the most, what are their specific needs and wants and by that token what content is most likely to appeal to them. Knowing the answers to these questions will help successfully drive your social media marketing efforts.
- Have A Plan – You would never take a trip to a place you’ve never been without some type of roadmap. That same principle applies to social media marketing. You need a roadmap to guide your social media marketing strategy or you are likely to veer off course. Outline what goals and objectives you want to achieve with your social media marketing initiatives. This doesn’t have to be set in stone and can evolve over the time as various factors change. But you must have some type of plan in place before completely diving in.
Ready to get started or looking to improve your current social media marketing strategy, Yello can help.
- Show Variety – Statistically, Facebook still dominates all other social media channels, particularly for businesses and brands. That said, it doesn’t mean you should only use Facebook. There are a variety of other social media channels that all provide various benefits and opportunities. The type of channel is not the only way to show variety. It is also important to show diversity in the type of content you produce. Yes, video is extremely popular and effective but images, when produced well are also still effective. Also, there are various types of ways to produce video content – long-form, short-form, instructional, funny, etc. The sky’s the limit with the options available. One of the worse things to become is boring and predictable and showing variety with your social media marketing content will help ensure that does not happen.
- Be Human – Depending on your business size and a number of balls being juggled at once, it is understandable that there may not always be a person available to make every single social media post and interact with customers/users, on a daily basis. And that is why automated social media services exist. That said, this should be an exception, not the rule. Depending solely on automation posting for your social media marketing strategy creates a risk of your business coming across as impersonal and generic.
- Be Consistent – Social media marketing success, especially if your business has only just started, takes time. You are not going to build a large and engaged online following overnight. However, one way to increase your chances of eventually developing a large and engaged following is to be consistent with your social media content. Posting a blog article once every three months, one Facebook post a week, an Instagram post every few weeks, etc. is not going to cut it. You need have a well-developed social media calendar and schedule for posting so your content is always relevant and timely.
Contact us today to help you create a successful social media marketing strategy.