5 Social Media Tips For Promoting Live Event
Live events are a great way to promote your business, whether you are the main organizer and it is a company event or you are the main sponsor of an event, e.g. festival, concert, etc. Events allow you to interact more directly with customers, reach a targeted audience, increase brand awareness and more.
One way to effectively promote your events is through social media. With its low cost, ease of use and wide reach, social media has become essential in any event promotion. Here are a few tips for successfully promoting your event through social media.
- Create an Event Page on Facebook – This seems like a no-brainer but surprisingly many businesses either forget about it or simply ignore this Facebook option. However, creating an event page on Facebook is a great way to inform followers about your event, provide more specific details and get them to register. Be sure to promote the Event Page on the business page and engage with followers leading up to the event. Ask them what they’re most excited about, what suggestions they have, etc.
- Create Event Hashtag – Decide on a hashtag for your event, to be used across all your channels and use it for all online communication. This will result in consistency, which will make it easier for interested individuals to find the content about your event and to see what others are saying about it. It is also a good way to improve the event’s trending status.
- Hold a Contest/Offer Discount – A great way to promote your event on social media is to hold a contest offering free tickets, free admission or a discount on admission the earlier individuals or businesses sign up.
- Use Social Media Ads – While not free, the returns are worth it. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram Ads to promote your events. Like with most social media strategy, consider the target audience you are trying to reach. For example, if your event is a business seminar/luncheon, Facebook and LinkedIn may be the best options.
- Be Visual – The more visual you can be, the better. And there are many visual options for promoting your event on social media. If the event is one you have held before, create a video reel of highlights from past years that include performers, speakers, attendee testimonials, etc. Make it as engaging as possible to help build excitement for this year’s event. Another visual way to promote the event is to provide followers a sneak peek and background view. Show the work that goes into putting on the event, the stress, the excitement, the meetings, venue set up, etc. This is a good way to humanize your brand and make you relatable to followers.
As experts in digital marketing, Yello exists to help local businesses grow. Contact us today for a consultation about our vast range of digital services and products and how we can help your business grow.