5 Tips for a Successful Brand Launch
Launching a new brand is often an exciting time for any business. A successful brand launch can bring new life and excitement to a business and create a rejuvenation of sorts. However, that is only if it is successfully executed. There are many examples of new and/or rebranding efforts, which have failed due to a sloppy and ineffective rollout. Here are five tips you should consider for your next brand launch to ensure success.
- Do Your Research – It is always important to conduct thorough research before having your company embark on a new journey. This includes thoroughly researching and testing any new products that you plan to introduce; if you are planning on entering a new market and reaching a new audience, understanding that market and audience as best as possible; researching the micro and macro-environment, etc.
- Know Your Story – One of the most important aspects of launching your brand is effectively communicating what that brand is. And to do that, you must understand who you are and more importantly, how to express that to your audience. Essentially, before embarking on a launch, you must know and understand your brand story and be able to share that with others.
- Know Your Audience – Obvious enough right? However, it can never be understated just how important it is to know your audience – their needs, interests, the best methods to reach them, etc. Knowing your audience is a key aspect of doing your research because without a clear and thorough understanding of your audience you may embark on a launch of a brand that they may not be receptive to.
- Have a Plan – As the saying goes, “A goal without a plan is just a wish…” In other words, you cannot achieve anything without first having a clear and solid plan and implementing a successful brand launch is no different. You must outline what your goals and objectives are for the launch and the specifics of the event. This must include pre, launch and post launch activities and tactics. Here are some examples of tactics for each.
- Pre – Launch
- Testing new products
- Creating and releasing all timely media materials
- Promote on all channels
- Finalize all event details, such as; time, venue, menu, etc.
- Share and promote live event across all channels
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure effective communication between the latter and customers throughout event
- Record attendance
- Pay attention to reactions – positive and/or negative
- Create thank you notes to send to everyone who attended
- Have a plan to follow up immediately on any leads
- Have a plan to evaluate what did and did not work and why
- Establish metrics to use to measure response and engagement – positive and/or negative
- Build Excitement – Unless you are a global giant like Apple, having a launch with little to no build is not a good idea and likely to backfire. For a successful brand launch, it is important to build excitement and interest in the months leading up to the event. This can be achieved via teaser posts on social media, teaser print ads, etc.
Find out how Yello can help in this process. Contact us today.