6 Reasons Your Business Must Have A Blog
If you’re reading this post and currently have a blog for your business, great, you’re on the right track. If you reading this and you don’t, then you should probably stop reading and get started on one right away. However, if you still need to be convinced why it is essential that your business has an active and well-written blog, here are a few key reasons.
- Simple, With Great Reward – Blogs are fairly simple, easy to use platforms that when done effectively, can reap great rewards for your business. According to Hubspot, 60 percent of businesses that blog acquire more customers. A business blog is a very effective way to connect with and share timely and relevant information with your customers and potential customers.
- Improves Your SEO – A well-written blog can significantly improve your company’s search engine ranking. Google’s organic search engine ranking depends heavily on relevant, timely and updated content. Having a blog that provides valuable and significant content can vastly improve your SEO ranking, which of course can help drive traffic to your website. Don’t really understand how to effectively optimize your online presence for search engines, Yello can guide you in the right direction with our excellent search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Gives Your Company A Voice – Having a business blog can also give your company a voice and specifically, allow your brand personality to shine through. That is, you can go more in depth with the products and services you provide, comment on market trends, timely and current news topics, issues your customers care about, etc. Doing this allows customers and potential customers to get a greater sense of who you are as a business.
- Become a Thought Leader and Expert – A high-quality blog with excellent content can help position your business as a thought leader and expert in whatever industry you’re in. And being viewed as an expert and thought leader leads to increased credibility, which leads to increased trust by customers. Customers will more likely to look to your business as a reliable resource for information and by that token, look to your business when they are ready to purchase.
- Can Live Forever – Having a blog is also a great tool for repurposing content. A well-written blog article can be broken up into multiple pieces of content, including, social media posts, infographics, slide share presentations, newsletter and much more.
- Gives Insight to Audience – Blogs are also another way of gaining very significant insights into your audience. There are various analytic tools that can help you track readers, shares and other types of engagement, which can provide insight into what is and isn’t resonating with most of your readers, various customer demographics, etc.
The fact is there really is no downside to having a company blog. However, it’s not enough to simply create a blog and assume it will lead to leads and sales. Like with all digital marketing efforts, you must be willing to invest time and effort into your blog and you must have a strategy at the outset.
Some key things to remember to ensure the success of your business blog include, one, be consistent with your updates, two, stay on brand and three, make sure your content is relevant to your customers.
Contact us today for help in getting your digital marketing strategy just right.