6 Tips For An Effective SEO Strategy
Search Engine Optimization or SEO has become one of the most ubiquitous terms in the business and marketing world. But what exactly is SEO and why is it so essential to the success of your business?
SEO essentially means exactly what it says, optimizing your online presence for the best organic search engine results. And it matters because one of your most important goals is to get your business in front of as many customers and potential customers as possible. An effective SEO strategy helps you to successfully accomplish this.
Here are a few tips for developing an effective SEO strategy.
- Have a Quality Website – This is a given and an absolute must. Having a quality website, which means easy to use, easy to navigate, engaging content, interactive, working links, etc. is one of the most effective steps for a successful SEO strategy.
- Clearly Define Your End Goal – It is essential to always clearly and accurately define your goal (or goals) before moving ahead with any business plan and your SEO strategy is no different. Be clear in what you want to achieve (e.g. page one ranking) and why (to increase leads, to increase brand awareness, etc.)
- Conduct Competitor Analysis – Conducting competitor analysis is always good for your business because it is a good way to analyse what has and hasn’t worked for some other businesses. If a business in a similar industry as yours consistently ranks at the top or near the top of search engine searches then it is a good idea to try and understand why. Not everything will work exactly the same for your business but it certainly will not hurt to understand the competition a little better.
- Use Long Tail Keywords in Articles – Long tail keywords has become a major buzz term in the world of digital marketing in the last few years. So what are long tail keywords? Essentially they are three, four and sometimes even five keyword phrases in a title that helps narrow a search to very specific terms. Research shows that long tail keywords tend to have a much higher sales conversion rate because they are phrases a potential customer is likely to search for when they are at the point of purchase.
- Find Alternate Keywords – Common keywords are great because individuals are far more likely to be searching for them. However, sometimes a keyword or keyword phrase can be too common, which makes it a lot more difficult to stand out in search rankings. Therefore, it is okay to experiment with less familiar keywords and keyword phrases. There are a number of keyword search tools that can generate alternate keywords and keyword phrases.
- Link to Quality and Credible Sites – Many are understandably wary of linking to other websites as it is a boost for another site and business. However, being smart with outbound links can help your SEO. That means picking relevant, quality and credible websites. Also, it is important to always ensure that the link opens in another page or window so as to not lead customers completely away from your website.
As experts in digital marketing, Yello exists to help local businesses grow. Contact us today for a consultation about our vast range of digital services and products and how we can help your business grow.