6th Annual Anguilla Lit Fest: A Literary Jollification
It’s that time again, all book-lovers rejoice, the 6th annual Anguilla Literary Fest will be held from Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st May, 2017. Enjoy readings, book discussions and the beautiful Paradise Cove Resort. The literary festival will feature award-winning authors, celebrity writers and note-worthy publishers from across the USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
The 2017 Literary Jollification Panellists Are:
- Marlon James – Acclaimed Jamaican author of John Crow’s Devil (2005), The Book of Night Women (2009), and A Brief History of Seven Killings (2014).
- Colin Channer – known for the poetry collection Providential (2015), The Girl With the Golden Shoes (2007), and Waiting in Vain.
- Nicole Dennis-Benn – Jamaican author of Here Comes the Sun (2016), a New York Times Notable Book of the Year and NPR Best Books of 2016.
- Ilyasah Shabazz– Third daughter of Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz. Illyasah is an educator, motivational speaker, and author of Growing up X (Random House 2002).
- Tiphanie Yanique – award-winning author of How to Escape a Leper Colony: A Novella and Stories (2010), children’s book I am the Virgin Islands (2012) and Land of Love and Drowning (2014).
- Thomas Mullen – Author of Darktown, an NPR Best Book of the Year, and The Last Town on Earth.
- Kevin Larimar – Award-winning American poet and editor of Poets & Writers Magazine.
- Amy Berkower – Chairman of literary agency, Writer’s House.
- Yona Deshommes – Associate Director of Publicity at Atria Books.
- Adrian Green – Notable Spoken Word Artist/Lyricist from Barbados.
The event is organised by the Anguilla Literary Foundation and sponsored by the Government of Anguilla, the Anguilla Tourist Board and the Business Community of Anguilla.
For more information on the Anguilla Lit Fest: A Literary Jollification or to register, visit the organisers’ website.