Advertising on a Budget
Every business needs to advertise. However, you don’t need a million-dollar advertising budget or to have a chic advertising agency on retainer to successfully advertise. These budget-friendly advertising tips will go a long way in putting your business in front of many eyes while not breaking your bank.
- Collect email address and send out newsletters – Newsletters are a great way to disseminate information that targets your customers. Email marketing targets customers and consumers of every level of business. Typically, emails are distributed weekly, bi-weekly or monthly with relevant and timely information that your audience will find valuable.
- Do a demo – Offer to do a free demonstration of your product or services. This will be a good way for people to see your business offerings first hand. Taking a hands-on approach to your business and interacting with new and existing clients will reap short and long term rewards.
- Create a referral program for your existing customers – Nothing beats word of mouth advertising. Use your existing customers as a means of attracting new ones by incentivising them. Offer a free gift or discount for any new lead acquired based on their referral. Your existing customers will feel valued and the new ones will know that their friends are referring them to a solid business.
- Hang out where they hang out online – Social media is where many customers discuss making purchases before buying. Create an account on the leading platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) and listen to what people are saying about their needs and join in on the conversation. Keep in mind that if your brand is more niche, your customers may hang out on less popular platforms, so you should be aware of those as well. You will want to conduct social listening to see what their problems are and how you can help.
- Author and publish guest posts on well -known websites – Well- known websites and blogs are open to guest posts. As long as you can provide content from a fresh, new angle that their audience can appreciate, then you will be published. Your content will have a whole new audience. With a few clever SEO (search engine optimization) plugs, your article(s) will reach the desired demographic. Linking a few long tail keywords to your content is also a smart way to drive traffic to your article. Think of a problem and search terms that people will actually use to seek out a solution.
- Leverage social media to show your expertise – Flaunt your knowledge with short tips on social media. This will demonstrate your skill in your area. Social media is a perfect platform to provide short bits of information that users can quickly read and learn.
Ready to get started on your budget-friendly advertising campaign, contact us today for a budget- tailored campaign.