#AnguillaStrong Why Anguilla Is Amazing
The passage of Hurricane Irma has been devastating to our beautiful island home. The destruction has been incredible and it will take some time before the island is back to normal. As Anguilla works towards getting back on its feet let’s take a moment to think about some of the reasons why our country is the best no matter the difficulties we’re faced with.
- Anguilla is a stunning country with some of the most amazing beaches in the Caribbean and the world. Nothing can destroy that. Not many countries can boast of 33 pristine public beaches now can they?
- The food is excellent no matter where or what you eat.
- There’s a bright, enduring friendliness and openness that’s characteristic of Anguillan people.
- The deep sense of community in Anguilla that brings us together like one big family. The kind community spirit abundant in Anguilla is never more evident than now. In adversity like we’ve seen after Irma with households taking turns to feed the community. Also, people are working together to aid in the clean up efforts and sharing what they have with the less fortunate. #OneAnguilla
- The people of Anguilla are resilient. Cardigan Connor, Parliamentary Secretary with responsibility for tourism attested to this strength in a video shared on social media: “We’ve been hit by Hurricane Irma, category 5 but we’ve been hit before, in 1995 by Luis and again in 1999 by Lenny and like those experience Anguilla is bouncing back again and again and the shoots are there, the green shoots are there…”
- The motto of Anguilla, “Strength and Endurance”, isn’t just a group of words on a page. They’re truly found in the hearts and minds of the people. #AnguillaStrong
- Anguillans are proactive. Despite the sadness at seeing the destruction wreaked by the passage of hurricane Irma, Anguillans quickly began working on ways to recover from the disaster.
Please check here for information on how to help Anguilla as the country recovers from impact of Hurricane Irma.