Carnival in Cayman
It’s Carnival time in the Cayman Islands!
As ever, our Carnival season takes place at the end of April and extends into May, but this year there will, once again, be three carnival celebrations.
Carnival season starts mid-April and goes on until Discover Day weekend. This year Discovery Day falls on Monday 21st May.
CayMAS is this newest addition to Cayman’s Carnival season, offering a weekend full of fun.
The events lined up for CayMAS, which takes place in Grand Cayman on Discovery Day weekend, are as follows:
- Friday 18th May: Pan Explosion Competition
- Friday 18th May: CayMAS Friday: FLAUNT
- Friday 18th May: Soca Monarch
- Saturday 19th May: Chicken Run Breakfast Fete & Cabana’s Brunch Fete
- Saturday 19th May: CayMAS Carnival Parade
- Saturday 19th May: Swanky AferMAS Party
- Sunday 20th May: Rum Point & Soca
- Monday 21st May: Last Lap (12AM)
Carnival bands jumping with CayMAS this year include: Swanky International, Kalabra Entertainment, Iconz Cayman and Renegade Mas.
Braccanal is Cayman Brac’s Carnival, which also takes place on Discovery Day weekend. The schedule for Braccanal is as follows:
- Thursday 17th May – Isle Love Soca welcome
- Friday 18th May – Braccanal Friday night Wet Fete
- Saturday 19th May – Adult Road Parade
- Saturday 19th May – Roade Parade After Party
- Sunday 20th May – Cool Down Beach Cooler Fete
- Monday 21st May – Sunrise Braccanal Breakfast Fete
All of these events are sure to be a blast, whichever one(s) you choose to attend; they all contribute to tourism, and celebrate the love of our island.
For more information on Batabano, visit https://www.caymancarnival.com/
For more information on CayMAS, visit https://www.caymas.ky/
For more information on Braccanal, visit https://www.braccanal.com/