How to Leverage Emancipation Festival for Your Business
The 2017 Emancipation Festival is almost here and amidst all the revelry and celebration, there exists a wealth of sponsorship and promotional opportunities for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and independent artists. Some opportunities require a little more ingenuity and foresight than others but if successfully executed, will be well worth it. Here are just a few of the many ways that businesses and individuals can leverage the festival for profit.
Ways to leverage the festival season before it starts.
- Sponsorship – One of the most common ways to leverage the festival season for your business is through sponsorship. Sponsoring a band, event, contestant, etc. is a very easy and effective way to showcase your brand and increase awareness among customers and potential customers.
- Have Emancipation Festival-Themed Promotions – Another very common and very effective strategy, is to offer Festival-themed promotions. Do you own a gym, then offer a Festival special/promotion in the months leading up to the celebration, encouraging people to get their bodies Festival ready. Own a hair salon, offer special discounts to customers for Festival-themed hairstyles, etc.
- Offer Existing Services – Another fairly simple but very effective way to leverage the festival season is to offer your existing services. For example, are you a web designer, offer to design an interactive, SEO and user-friendly website for a band and/or event ( Yello can help you there. Contact us today). Are you a tailor or seamstress, offer to sew costumes for a band or contestant. If you’re a makeup artist, offer to do a Miss BVI contestant’s makeup or to provide specially designed looks for a specific band.
Ways to create brand and marketing opportunities during the festival season.
- Offer Existing Services – Piggybacking off the previous point, there are ways to leverage your existing services during the season. Are you a photographer, offer to take professional pictures for individuals in their costume or arrange with a band to document the parade day. If you are a tailor/seamstress, offer to do any alterations on costumes that may be necessary during the season. Are you a videographer, offer to film a band throughout the day and sell digital copies to band members at a discount. You can also offer it for free, if lead generation is your major goal. That way, you are likely to be hired by that individual the next time they want something filmed, e.g. wedding, graduation, etc.
Ways to leverage the festival season after it is over.
- Think Outside the Box – Most businesses and individuals focus on the pre and during the festival season for most of their marketing efforts. However, there are opportunities to leverage the post-Festival season. As exciting and enjoyable as the festival season is, it can also leave revellers exhausted by the end from all the jumping up, drinking, partying, etc. It’s the perfect opportunity for health and wellness oriented businesses like a spa, yoga centre, etc. to offer post-Festival specials to help individuals rejuvenate after the season is over.
Whatever avenue you pursue, just remember to be creative, focus on your company goal and objective, make it fun and you can’t go wrong.