How to Leverage Industry Awards
If you are not applying for industry awards you are missing out on a great marketing opportunity. As a small or medium size business, there are a number of local industry specific associations that offer recognition awards for outstanding performances of businesses within specific industries. These awards range from national awards to more industry specific awards. However, in order to be eligible to win, you have to apply for memberships to these associations or in some cases, be nominated by a peer or client for these awards. Either way, the opportunities to establish your brand are endless.
Winning an award can be a boon to your business. The benefits include:
Increased brand loyalty
Who doesn’t like a winner? Customers like to be associated with a winning brand. It makes them feel as if they are part of the company’s journey. It is also a great way to increase brand affinity and your net promoter score (NPS) makes the likelihood for an existing customer to refer your business to another colleague. Customers will see your business as stable and is likely to choose your business over the competitors.
Subtle way to recruit, motivate and retain employees
Employee morale will rise if the company they work for has won an award. Awards are often seen as a testimony to the hard work, dedication, creative and innovative culture of the business as demonstrated through their employees. They will be proud to share in their company’s achievements. Studies have shown that an increase in positive employee morale generally has a positive impact on the level of service given to customers. Additionally, for sales driven organisations, winning an award is an important point that businesses can include in their sales pitch. Based on the nature of the award, this can help to establish the business as an authority in specific fields. For example, Yello is a proud recipient of a Google Award and is a certified Google Premier Partner. We have included these in our marketing strategies and campaigns across the board to establish our digital prowess. A few weeks ago, we held two digital marketing conferences in Montego Bay and Kingston. We designed a landing page and several social media graphics with the award logo to show the public that we are the Caribbean’s premier Google partner.
Need help with your digital strategy? Contact us today!
Drive traffic and increase sales.
There is momentum after winning an award. Cross pollination occurs, where you tap into target audiences that are not familiar with your business. Once your brand is associated with a widely followed and well respected award, it puts your business in front of more eyes and provides the platform for your business to connect with potential partners and prospective clients
So whether you’re a small business just starting out or a more established business, we’ve prepared a list of local awards for you to check out.
Some Local Awards to Consider
- The Jamaica Chamber of Commerce (JCC) is a stalwart in the economy. Their mission is to facilitate members to be the drivers of growth and prosperity in Jamaica. The JCC has been championing local businesses for over two hundred years.
- Tourism Awards recognizes organisations and individuals that demonstrate best practices and offer stellar customer service.
- National Quality Awards is Jamaica’s first quality based award. It seeks to reward and recognize local companies that apply standards and quality systems in production of goods and delivery of services.
- Montego Bay Chamber of Commerce (MBCC) provides leadership by bringing over two hundred businesses to shape the economic future of Montego Bay.
- Jamaica Observer Business Leader Award has been successful in highlighting over 100 business leaders since its inception in 1996. The award seeks to change the narrative around entrepreneurship.
- Jamaica Manufacture Association honours excellence and innovation in manufacturing.