How to Leverage Local Celebrations for Your Digital Marketing Strategy
There is no shortage of local events and celebrations in Barbados and this month is no different, with the upcoming Barbados Food & Rum Festival. Utilizing celebrations and events such as these, as part of your digital marketing strategy can be very beneficial to your bottom line. Here are a few tips on how to successfully do this.
- Include in Social Media Marketing – A very simple, yet effective way to incorporate festivals like the Food & Rum Festival into your social media marketing is to have a contest related to it, e.g. a free ticket giveaway promotion. This will not only increase engagement but also brand awareness. Posting pictures and videos at the festival is also a great way to increase engagement.
- Use online ads – Create a promotion or sale around the festival and advertise it using targeted online ads. Using social media channels like Facebook or a tool like Google that allows for hyper-targeted options, will help your promotion get in front of the right individuals.
Ready to get started? Yello has you covered.
- Promote Through Website – A great way to leverage local festivals for your business, is to be an official sponsor. Being a sponsor means your brand will be highly visible in the promotion of the festival, as well as at the festival venue. It also means you can promote it on your company website. Mention your involvement, link to the festival website and share in the excitement with your customers. If you are running a promotion, also have a ready call to action button on the website that links directly to the promotion landing page.
- Use Email Marketing – Like online ads, you can also use email marketing for a promotion focused on the festival. Send an email blast to your customers announcing any specials or discounts you are having.
- Use Mobile Marketing – We are all attached to our mobile devices, which is why mobile marketing is so effective. Push notifications to targeted customers announcing your Barbados Food & Rum Festival promotion is an effective way to reach customers and hopefully increase sales.
The key to remember is that utilizing local celebrations and events for your digital marketing efforts means creating content that is likely to improve your search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) performance. This is because your keywords will be relevant and timely, which means customers and potential customers are far more likely to search for it.
Let Yello successfully guide you.