How To Utilize Local Celebrations For Your Digital Marketing Strategy
There is no shortage of local events and celebrations in Jamaica. Reggae Month has just passed with a loaded calendar celebrating Bob Marley Week and live music events around Kingston. Utilizing celebrations and events such as these, as part of your digital marketing strategy can be very beneficial to your bottom line. Once you’ve gotten through this list, head on over to www.yellomg.com to see how our digital experts can help you at your next event. Here are a few tips on how to successfully do this.
- Include In Social Media Marketing – A very simple, yet effective way to incorporate events and celebrations into your social media marketing is to simply post about them on your social media channels. Make an engaging Facebook or Instagram post about fishing and/or sailing. You can also run a promotion related to the theme of the event. For example, if you own a clothing store, offer special discounts in honour of carnival. It is also wise to link to and share the official pages of each event. This allows your business to get in front of a different audience and increase your brand awareness.
- Be a Sponsor – Another very effective way to leverage local festivals and events for your business is to be an official sponsor. Being a sponsor means your brand will be highly visible during promotion for the event, as well as at the event venue.
- Promote Through Website – Being a sponsor also means promoting the event on your company website. Mention your involvement, link to the event website and share in the excitement with your customers. If you are running a related promotion, also have a ready call to action button on the website that links directly to the promotion landing page.
- Use Email Marketing – Email marketing is a very inexpensive yet effective way to announce any special promotions and events you are having. Send an email blast to your customers announcing your involvement in the event/festival as a sponsor, as well as any related promotions.
- Use Mobile Marketing – We are all attached to our mobile devices, which is why mobile marketing is so effective. Push notifications to targeted customers announcing your promotion is an effective way to reach customers and hopefully increase sales.
The key to remember is that utilizing local celebrations and events for your digital marketing efforts means creating content that is likely to improve your search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) performance. This is because your keywords will be relevant and timely, which means customers and potential customers are far more likely to search for it.