How To Utilize Video Marketing Effectively
In a previous article, we discussed some of the many benefits of video marketing and the statistics speak for itself. For example, including video in a landing page increases a business’ conversion rate by 80 percent. However, it is not enough to simply incorporate video marketing into your digital marketing strategy and assume success will come. To gain the full benefits of video marketing, it has to be well-executed. Here are few tips on how to effectively utilize video marketing into your business strategy.
Ready to begin your video marketing strategy? Yello can help.
- Keep It Simple – You’ve probably heard it many times. That is, social media and the internet has caused a significant decrease in individuals’ attention span. It is one of the many reasons video marketing has increased so rapidly. Because most people would rather watch a quick video than reading text. However, even with videos, most people don’t want to watch something that is too long. They want the main points as quickly and as succinctly as possible. One minute videos are some of the most popular videos and if you must have it be longer, no more than 3 to 5 minutes is usually best.
- SEO, SEO, SEO…. – It’s a word that some are probably tired of hearing but it must be repeated because it is an essential aspect of any content your business produces. Because if people cannot find your content, it will have no impact. And the best way for people to find your content is to ensure that it is well optimized for search engines. That includes the title you choose for the video, any hashtags, caption, description, etc.
- Humanize Your Brand – One of the biggest mistakes businesses can make with their video marketing (and marketing in general) is to always focus on the hard sell. While it is important, particularly if your business sells physical products, to do videos showing how they work, their features, etc., it is also important to show the human side of your brand. Don’t be afraid to include a bit of humour and light-heartedness into your videos.
- Show Variety – It is always important to add variety to your business strategies and the same principle applies to video marketing. This includes doing a mix of short and longer videos, doing tutorial, product, testimonial, etc. types of videos, using animation and/or graphics in videos, etc. As long as you remember to stay consistent with your brand objective and identity, the sky is the limit in the ways you can creatively employ video marketing for your digital marketing strategy.
- Consider The Channel – One of the biggest misconceptions of social media is that it’s a one size fits all type of medium. Not true. From Facebook to Twitter, to Instagram, etc. every channel has its own set of rules and guidelines and what works and doesn’t work for the channel. Regarding video marketing on social media, length is particularly important. Facebook allows full-length videos, while Instagram for example only accepts videos that are 60 seconds or less.
- Repurpose Video – Like all content, videos don’t have to live and exist in one space. They can and should be repurposed in many ways. Consider this scenario. You have created a product video showing the features and functionalities of a new product offered by your business. The video is about 15 minutes long, so you put it on You Tube. That 15-minute video can then be broken up into short 3 minute videos that are shared on Facebook and then even shorter videos that can be shared on Twitter and Instagram over a period of time.
Yello offers a full suite of products and services to help your business grow. Contact Us today to find out how we can help you.