Natural Ingredients to Create DIY Beauty Products
Au Naturel is becoming more popular these days as consumers are now aware of how many unnatural, animal-tested and potentially harmful ingredients are used in common beauty products. DIY is not only cheaper, but because you create the concoction yourself, you can monitor exactly what goes into your beauty products and how much of it.
Here are a few natural key ingredients to consider when making your DIY beauty treatments.
- Coconut oil – perhaps the most popular natural ingredient that has captured consumers’ attention. This product is great for skin, hair and nails; it’s good to cook with, too!
- Shea/cocoa butter – these natural products have an earthy, nutty aroma and are used to help smooth skin and relieve common skin conditions like eczema. Its antibacterial properties can help to heal old scars and stretch marks.
- Beeswax – thick and natural, this ingredient works well in creams and lotions, and carries a soft honey scent. It can also provide protection from irritants while still allowing skin to breathe.
- Essential Oils – these can provide beautiful scents to DIY recipes, and some, like lavender and peppermint, can promote relaxation of the mind and body.
- Salt & Sugar – crucial for exfoliating dead skin and natural scrubs for absolute vibrancy and freshness.
There are also ingredients you can find at your local grocery store, such as avocado, oatmeal, honey, yogurt, almond oil, egg, coffee, lemon and nut milk, that can be used in facial and hair masks.
All of these natural ingredients are relatively cheap, easily accessible and will leave your hair and body feeling softer, cleaner and nourished.