New Year Resolutions to Grow Your Business in 2018
A new year means new goals, new opportunities and of course resolutions. New Year resolutions aren’t just limited to individual promises to lose ten pounds, be more positive, etc. Businesses also need to take stock of the previous year and make resolutions for the New Year ahead. Here are a few to help grow your business.
- Re-evaluate goals and objectives – It is important to always set yearly goals and objectives. The first step for the New Year is to re-evaluate the goals and objectives that were set for 2017 (those that were met v those that weren’t). The next step is to then set goals and objectives for 2018. Some will be the same but there may be new issues, opportunities, and competitions that surfaced in the past year that may require creating new goals and objectives.
- Resolve to audit company website and social media channels quarterly (every 3 months) – It is important to do an audit of your company website and social media channels regularly. You need to know what is working and what isn’t. Are customers and individuals leaving your website as soon as they reach? Does one page get more traffic than another? What type of post gets the most engagement, etc.? An audit is also necessary to check for any broken links, out of date information, etc.
- Develop a blog if you do not have one and if you do, resolve to be consistent in updating – Blogging is one of the most effective social media tools for businesses. According to Hubspot, B2B marketers that use blogs will receive 67% more leads than those that don’t. So if your business doesn’t have a blog, resolve to start one this year. And if you do have one but perhaps haven’t been diligent in updating, be more consistent with your content.
Not sure how to get started with all of your digital marketing needs, Yello can help.
- Engage customers throughout the year – Customers, like everyone else, like to feel appreciated. Engage your customers throughout the year and not just when you have a promotion. Remember their anniversaries, birthdays and feel free to send them an Easter card.
- Research your competition – Knowing what your competitors are doing is always wise. Get to know and understand your competitors in the new year, so you can have an edge in the market space.
- Attend more industry events – Industry events are a great way to network, analyse competitors and learn new and interesting trends. Work towards having a greater presence in your local industry in 2018 by participating in and attending trade shows and industry events.
Let Yello be your digital marketing guide this New Year.