Dr. Damient Best
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
British Fertility Society Certified Fertility Specialist
Lecturer, University of the West Indies
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) degree 2005, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill
• Haematology Senior House Officer (SHO), Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2006-2007
• Obstetrics & Gynaecology resident 2007-2012, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Doctor of Medicine (DM), Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2012, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill
Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (MRCOG) by examination 2012
• Senior Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2013 - July 2017
• Subspecialty training in Reproductive Medicine / Fertility
Observership, Birmingham Fertility Centre, November 2013
Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, Aberdeen Fertility Centre, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom, 2015-2017.
British Fertility Society Certification in Assisted Conception and Management of the Infertile Couple
Master of Science (MSc) by research in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, with research interest and publications in the area of obesity and infertility.
• Lecturer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill campus starting August 1, 2017
• Associate Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital from August 1, 2017. Clinical lead for the QEH fertility clinic, established in March 2017.