Business Closes in
3 hrs 38 mins
Monday to Friday
7:00am - 7:30pm
7:00am - 7:00pm
Cayman Islands Tennis Club
Box 1813 South Sound *Grand Cayman KY1-1109
Tennis in the Cayman Islands probably has a longer history than most other sports played and enjoyed here today, with the exception of fishing and boating, of course. Unlike the latter, interest and enthusiasts have come and gone over years.
In The Beginning
Although there had been one or two private courts built on Grand Cayman, the first apparent sincere interest in tennis here arrived in 1929 in the person of Commissioner G. H. Frith. He, together with Dr. Roy McTaggart, arranged the construction of a marl court on Dr. Roy's property on South Church Street, where Windsor House now stands. For two or three years, many of the sixty or so members of the George Town Tennis Club took part in and enjoyed the matches and tournaments organised, but the departure of Mr.Frith, as well as many Caymanian's to sea, brought an end to the era. The court was still used by a few players till about 1955, but it was several years before organised tennis sprang up again.
- Private Lessons - Private Lessons can be booked with any of our club pros.
- Cardio Tennis - One hour cardio (4 players or more) $20.00 (members) $25.00 (non members)
- Tiny Tots (ages 3 to 5) - Our emphasis in Tiny Tots is to involve physical education while learning tennis. Our goals are to develop the child's athletic skills so he or she learns to enjoy the game. To lean the fundamentals of tennis, and to promote an attitude whereby the child has the desire and courage to learn something new.
- Beginners (ages 6 to 9) For the beginning player who has little to no experience. The objective is to develop a natural rhythm of movement and the correct execution of strokes. The student is beginning to change grips and make contact in front of the body.
- Intermediate (ages 10 - 15)- Continuing to learn the fundamentals, the intermediate student begins controlling the ball while improving their strokes and is beginning to rally and play points.
- Advanced (ages 10 - 15) - For kids who love tennis and want to work hard to play at the tournament level. Emphasis on appropriate grips and footwork and simple tactics. Students start to play tournaments at this level.
- High Performance Program - This class is available for the junior who is looking for an academy atmosphere. The class will provide the most extensive training to develop mental toughness in a competitive environment. The class is a high level workout for advanced players who compete in open tournaments.
- Tiny Tots (ages 3 to 5)
- Wednesday 3:00pm - 3:30pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 9:30am
- Beginners (ages 6 to 9)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Saturday 8:00am - 9:00am
- Intermediate (ages 10 - 15)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Advanced (ages 10 - 15)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30pm - 5:00pm
- High Performance Program
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- Cash Accepted
- Master Card
- Parking - Free
- Wifi - Free
Send a Message