The Urban Development Corporation is one of the leading urban and rural development agencies in the Caribbean.
Since 1968, the UDC has sought to transform Jamaica's most viable urban centres and strategic rural towns, whilst preserving the natural environment and spurring economic development.
The Corporation is geared towards economic activities, which promote the development of its designated areas, for example:
• Layout, construct and provide primary infrastructure, in the designated areas
• Provide secondary development such as residential, commercial and recreational facilities
• Provide services such as project management and technical services
• Provide property management services, which include property rentals
• Property sales in both primary and secondary developments
• Conference services at the Jamaica Conference Centre
• Management services through St. Ann Development Company, Urban Maintenance Limited and National Hotels and Properties
• Utilities through Runaway Bay Water Company
Making development happen........