At the Commission of Strata Corporations, our aim is to serve the community of strata property owners and other stakeholders.
We are committed to offering efficient, timely and customer focused service.
The Commission has two operational arms, which are the Administrative Arm and the Investigative Arm.
Our Administrative Arm receives applications, prepares certificates and Board papers, and communicates with the client.
The Investigative Arm operates in the field gathering evidence and ensuring that the Registration (Strata Titles) Act is conformed with.
The functions of the Commission include monitoring, regulating, and supervising the functioning of Strata Corporations and enforcing the by-laws.
The following is a list of the services that are offered by the Commission of Strata Corporations:
* Initial registration of Strata Corporations
* Issuing of certificates of registration
* Annual registration of Strata Corporations
* Issuing of annual certificates of registration
* Investigation of complaints
* Issuing of certificates authorizing Corporations to exercise power of sale
We also make orders concerning the demolition of unauthorised extensions and removal of illegal structures, vehicles, or other things.
The Commission also has the Strata Appeals Tribunal, which facilitates the hearing of appeals.
At the Commission of Strata Corporations, we aim to provide excellent service and look forward to a cordial relationship with all persons we interact with.
For more information, visit our website or give us a call today.
• Monitor, regulate and supervise the functioning of Strata Corporations
• Keep or cause to be kept a register of such Corporations
• Provide for the mandatory registration of each Strata Corporation with the Commission and the submission of annual financial statements and reports by each strata corporation
• Facilitate the resolution of disputes, in particular, those between a Corporation and a proprietor
• Consider complaints from proprietors that the amount of contribution levied under section 5(2)(b), is unreasonable or inequitable
• Enforce the by-laws
• Provide for the procedure to be followed where a proprietor fails, neglects or refuses to pay contributions to the Corporation
• Give the Strata Corporation a certificate authorizing the Corporation to exercise a power of sale in respect of a strata lot where a proprietor defaults in the payments of contributions to the Corporation
• Enable the Commission to hold an Annual General Meeting where the Strata Corporation is not functioning
• Establish a Strata Appeals Tribunal to hear appeals and adjudicate on matters affecting the administration and management of strata properties