Dr. Simone Dundas Byles is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at the University Hospital of the West Indies and an Associate Lecturer in Surgery at the University of the West Indies. She is a Fellow of the Caribbean College of Surgeons and of the American College of Surgeons. She is an active member of the American Pediatric Surgical Association (APSA).
She treats children with surgical conditions, by appointment, at the Ruthven Medical Centre in Kingston and at the Villa Medical Centre in Mandeville. Children, from the newly born to age 18 years, and their families, are welcome.
Dr. Dundas Byles offers surgical services for children:
· Removal of lumps, bumps & extra digits
· Release of tongue tie
· Circumcision for newborns and boys
· Hernia repairs
· Localization of missing testicles
· Repair of hypospadias
· Management of paediatric urological conditions
· Placement of feeding tubes
· Constipation management
· Surgical repair of birth defects
· Emergency paediatric trauma care
· Emergency surgical care including appendectomy
· Management of childhood cancers.