Home   >   Search: Copyright Service   >   Jamaica Music Society

Jamaica Music Society

Copyright Service, Kingston 6, St. Andrew

Jamaica Music Society

Copyright Service, Kingston 6, St. Andrew
Jamaica Music Society
Open Now
Business Closes in
4 hrs 6 mins
    Opening Hours
  • Monday 8:00am - 4:30pm
  • Tuesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
  • Wednesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
  • Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm
  • Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
  • Saturday Closed
  • Sunday Closed
Contact Details
Jamaica Music Society
7 Stanton Terrace,
Kingston 6, St. Andrew


Or : 876-978-1010
General Information

Jamaica Music Society (JAMMS) is the national copyright licensing authority that grants licenses and permits on behalf of local and international record producers and record companies to legally play recorded music in public and via broadcasts.

One of our primary objectives is to help music users to understand and accept that music has value and emphasise the fact that those who own the rights to sound recordings (recorded music), are legally entitled to fair compensation for the use of the products formed from their time, creativity, and financial investment.

The playing of any sound recording (recorded music) in public or via broadcast first requires the permission of those who own the recordings. The owners of sound recordings are individual record producers and record companies who are members of JAMMS and have granted authority to JAMMS to issue licenses and permits and collect fair remuneration, for this purpose, on their behalf.

Every business or individual who uses recorded music as part of its activities, whether as background music or specially featured entertainment, requires a JAMMS license. Radio stations, event/party/show promoters, television stations, gyms, bars, restaurants, webcasters originating in Jamaica, cable companies, stores, and banks, are just some of the types of businesses that would need a JAMMS license.

Since May 2015, JAMMS has been the national ISRC agency. ISRC - International Standard Recording Code. This means all Jamaican record producers and record labels that need an ISRC Code are required to apply to JAMMS for that code.

Music users, if you are a business operator or an event promoter, call us to regularise your use of recorded music today. Record labels and record producers if you would like to become a member, or require and ISRC Code, call us today.

  • Sound Recording Copyright License for Broadcasters
  • Sound Recording Copyright License for Business
  • Sound Recording Copyright Permit for Events
  • Debit Card
  • Master Card
  • Visa
  • Parking Available
  • Free Wifi
Send a Message
Business Reviews


0 Reviews
Submit a review of Jamaica Music Society

Select your rating below to get started