6 Benefits of Video Marketing
by Yello Apr 24, 2019
Once upon a time, the rule was to increase engagement and the effectiveness of your digital marketing content, it was essential to include photos. While photos remain a very effective tactic for increasing content engagement, it alone is no longer enough in grabbing individuals’ attention. The use of videos and video marketing has increased exponentially in recent years and the reason is simple – it works and works very well.
Statistics show that 55 percent of people watch videos online every day, and including videos on a landing page increases a business’ conversion rate by 80 percent. And YouTube, the most popular video sharing social media platform is ranked second only to Facebook, in active followers. The fact is, the benefits of video marketing for businesses are numerous, with little to no downside.
- It Is Cheaper Than You Think – One of the biggest misconceptions that often deters small businesses from utilizing videos in their digital marketing strategy is that it is very expensive to do it successfully and there is simply not a budget for it. In reality, there are many cost-effective options for creating high-quality, interesting and engaging videos. Most mobile devices come equipped with quality video technology, almost all social media platforms allow users to post and share videos and You Tube continues to be the most popular, effective and more importantly, free video sharing website.
- Way to Better Showcase Products – Videos help you better showcase your products, including how they work, the features, benefits, etc. The most popular search term on You Tube is “How to…” Individuals are always searching for how to videos and tutorials to visually understand how things work. Showcasing your business products via videos is particularly effective during the rollout of any new product offerings. It also helps better showcase your business as an expert and increase customer confidence in your brand.
- Improves Email Marketing Efforts – The numbers speak for themselves. According to statistics, having the word video in an email subject line increases open rates by 19 percent, as well as leads to a 200-300 percent increase in click-through rates.
- Increases SEO Ranking – Yes, Google takes videos into account when organically ranking search results, especially since the search engine giant now owns You Tube, which as noted above, is still the most viewed and most searched video sharing website. Statistics show that video drives 157 percent increase in organic traffic on search engine results pages (SERP) and having a video on a landing page increases conversions by 80 percent.
- Appeals to Mobile Users – Over half of video content is viewed on mobile devices. And the majority of mobile video viewers share video content they enjoy with each other. According to You Tube, mobile video consumption steadily increases yearly. With the ever increasing use of mobile devices, it would be a significant limitation to avoid video content when it appeals so greatly to mobile users.
- Increases Sales – At the end of the day, the bottom line for any business is to increase sales and by that token, increase profits and the return on investments (ROI). And the use of video marketing is no different, which leads to probably the most important benefit of its use. Data shows that 64 percent of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video demonstration of it, enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97 percent and 96 percent of B2B businesses that use video in some capacity, reported 73 percent positive results on their ROI. With these kind of numbers, need we say more?
Want to learn more about the benefits of video marketing, how to effectively execute video marketing into your digital marketing strategy, tips and tricks for creating amazing videos for your marketing campaign and so much more?