25 Ways to Get (and Stay) Active Today
by Chantel DaCosta Jan 8, 2018
Do you want to get fit and strong but feel too overwhelmed by the different fitness routines available? High-intensity interval training or low-intensity, or obstacle course races, or modified Crossfit™ or steady-state workouts? It is hard to choose and hard to get used to these regimented programmes.
But don’t worry there are easy ways to get started. And you don’t even need an expensive gym membership to start exercising.
Here are 25 ways to get active today.
- Go outside, walk
- Walking lunges
- Cook your own meals
- Only drive to places you can’t walk to
- Start gardening
- Group jogging
- Floor stretches
- Chair exercises (seated jumping jacks, ab twisters, leg extensions and press-ups)
- Walk your dog
- Don’t have a dog? Volunteer to walk your neighbour’s dogs
- Cleaning (go fast, do not take any breaks)
- YouTube fitness (pick one, start, complete then start a new one, and just keep going)
- Take the stairs
- Stretch at your desk
- Try the standing desk
- Do squats while you brush your teeth
- Power walk every day and everywhere
- Get off the bus or taxi before your stop
- Leave your desk after lunch, go for a brisk 10-minute walk
- Couch crunches while watching TV
- Urban exploration, walk your city
- Use a shopping basket instead of a trolley at the supermarket
- Jump rope.
There you go, start today and keep going, don’t worry about measurements or the scale. Start moving today and keep going until this new active lifestyle feels natural to you.