Add Some Spice to Your Life with These Two Turmeric Recipes That Are Worth Trying
by Carolyn Lee Sep 18, 2023
Turmeric is the spice that keeps on giving. Some benefits associated with turmeric include its cholesterol-lowering, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. You can add turmeric to various dishes, including smoothies, teas, curry dishes, and baked foods.
Turmeric Roast Cauliflower
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds).
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced.
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground turmeric.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil.
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix turmeric, oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add cauliflower and toss it around the bowl to coat the pieces.
- Transfer to a large-rimmed baking sheet and place inside the oven.
- Allow to roast, stirring once, until tender and brown for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle lemon juice on the cauliflower. Serve as a side dish or add to a salad.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes.
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 large teaspoons ground turmeric.
- 1 small orange, zest pared.
- Honey, maple syrup and lemon slices.
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger.
- Start with boiling 500ml water in a kettle or pot.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, and orange zest to a jug or teapot.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot or jug and leave to infuse for approximately five minutes.
- Then, use a tea strainer or sieve to strain into two cups. Add a slice of lemon and sweeten with honey or maple syrup.
We hope you’ll try and enjoy these easy-to-make recipes. Please use Find Yello to search for supermarkets, wholesales and related businesses that may have the products you need.