5 More New Year Resolutions to Grow Your Business in 2020
by Yello Jan 6, 2020
- Resolve to Improve CSR Efforts – In the New Year, resolve to give back to the community. Align with a local charity or non-profit if your company hasn’t already and devote some of your resources to helping those in need. Giving back helps to not only build brand awareness, but it also helps to humanize your brand, and as a result, increase brand loyalty.
- Resolve to Try Something New – No business can truly grow unless it’s willing to change, no matter how small. While it is important to focus and improve on what has previously worked for your business, it is also important to try new things. It doesn’t have to be a large investment that may break the bank. Just adding a new platform to your social media marketing strategy can make a significant difference to your business’ ROI. Or simply consider diversifying the type of content you produce. Never done an eBook, try creating one this year. Or try live-streaming a brand event if you have never done so before. The point is to keep an open mind and explore new marketing options.
- Resolve to Research Your Competition – Knowing what your competitors are doing is always wise. Learn what has worked for them and what hasn’t and resolve to be better or at the least unique enough to stand out amongst them. Develop an effective competitor analysis strategy to analyse the marketing channels your competitor use, the type of content, etc.
- Resolve to attend more Industry Events – Industry events are a great way to network, analyse the competition, and learn new and interesting tricks of the trade and more. Resolve to have a greater presence in your local industry this year by being a part of industry events. Even consider, if you never have before, hosting your own mini-conference or partnering with an institution like the local Chamber of Commerce to host an industry event. This will not only help drive leads but help establish your business as a thought leader in your industry.
- Resolve to Feng Shui your Business – Much like one’s home, this simply means taking small but significant steps to create a sense of harmony and calm within a business. This can include delegating duties better, getting rid of clutter like years of old business documents that have all been digitally filed, redesigning the website if it is confusing and distracting or just hasn’t been redesigned in a few years, etc. If you and your employees are constantly stressed, confused and agitated, it’s time to feng shui your business.
Have a great and successful 2020 and as always, Yello is here to help in all your advertising needs. Contact us today to learn how we can help your business better succeed in the New Year.