It’s Time to Fish! The Spice Island Billfish Tournament Grand Slam 54 Is Here
by Lou-Ann Jordan Jan 23, 2023
Every January, Grenada’s waterways get busy as several marine events take place, and this year the tradition continues. On 23 January 2023 and running through 27 January 2023, the Spice Island Billfish Tournament committee will host Grand Slam 54.
The annual event is spread over four days and affords local and visiting fishing aficionados several days of excitement and good-natured rivalry. The participants will vie for the prize and bragging rights for having landed the fish of the most notable size and weight. It’s sportfishing at its finest.
Haven’t registered your team yet? What are you waiting for? Grand Slam 54, the Spice Island Billfish Tournament 2023, is the southern Caribbean’s top sport fishing event of the year! Most importantly, it’s one of the annual events in Grenada that is eagerly anticipated.
Here’s a list of the Spice Island Billfish Tournament Grand Slam 54 activities:
– Registration for boats and anglers. This is followed by Skipper’s Briefing.
Day One of Fishing
– Begins with the parade of boats. The fishing commences at 7.30 am.
Day Two of Fishing
– Fishing begins at 7 am and ends at 4.30 pm.
– Anglers relax or rather enjoy a “lay” day enjoying food and drinks.
Day Three of Fishing
– Last day of fishing and an award ceremony to culminate the tournament.
Want to join the fun and need supplies? Then, search our “Fishing Tackle & Supplies” listing.