This May It’s all About Pure Grenada’s Chocolate and Rum. Visit the Grenada Chocolate Fest 2023
by Lou-Ann Jordan May 15, 2023
The Grenada Chocolate Fest is one of the most anticipated events on the local calendar. Whether you’re local or visiting, it should definitely top your things to do in Grenada list.
Each year, the event features six days full of activities, where locals and visitors learn about the region’s cocoa, particularly Grenada’s cocoa farming and production. In addition to visiting several local cocoa farms, the troupe engages in fun activities like “dancing de cocoa”, creating chocolate treats and much chocolate tasting. Well-attended and very entertaining, it’s a remarkable experience that invites all to trace the tree-to-bar chocolate-making process.
This May promises to be equally enjoyable as organisers have incorporated the rum-making process. Therefore, attendees will explore two significant manufacturing industries in Grenada. Moreover, scheduled to take place from 16-21 May 2023, this instalment of the annual chocolate festival is likely to be even more celebratory as it’s the 10th anniversary.
For our chocolate lovers out there, here’s a quick rundown of the upcoming activities.
Let the Chocolate Fun Start at the 10th Anniversary of the Grenada Chocolate Fest – 16 May
- Chocolate and Rum Experience with Tri Island / Visit the House of Chocolate to get supplies – 9am.
- Opening Party at Westerhall Estate – 6pm.
Belmont Estate Cocoa Farm Traditions – 17 May
- Welcome to a Working Cocoa Farm Day at the Plantation – 9:15am.
- Rosters Tail Cocktail Masterclass – 5pm.
- Street Food Chocolate Westerhall Rum Extravaganza – 6:30pm.
Grenada Chocolate and rum culture – 18 May
- Rum shop Grenada Culture to the Beat of Drumming and Making Under-the-Counter Grenada
- Sunset and Chocolate Night Dive with Aquanauts Grenada – 5:15pm.
- Terrior of Rum and Chocolate Masterclass with Renegade and Tri Island at Silversands – 5:30pm/7:30pm.
- Chocolate Beer Latin Night at the West Indies Brewery – 9pm.
Crayfish Bay Organic Plantation Experience and Cocktails – 19 May
- Visit Crayfish Bay Organic Cocoa Plantation Flavouring Chocolate and Rum Tasting with Chocolatier Sophie Vanderbecken – 9:30am.
- Rum and Chocolate Cocktail Competition – 4:30pm
- Beach Bonfire by Savvy’s Mount Cinnamon – 7pm.
- Chocolate at the Brewery – from 7 pm.
Chocolate Family Day and Distillery Tours – 20 May
- Renegade and River Antoine Distillery tours – 10am.
- Cocoa Chocolate Family Day, Bazaar and Workshops – 10am.
- Cocoa Chocolate Family Workshop with OMI Grenada – 10am.
- Bon-Bon stories with Chocolatier Sophie Vanderbecken.
- Alex the Awesome and Crazy Quest for the Golden Pod, story reading by author Jeunanne Alkins – 1:30pm.
- Culinary Cacao, Chocolate Dinner, Mott Green, and the Grenada Factory “With or Without Cacao Menu” – 7pm.
Chocolate, Wellness, and the Arts – 21 May
- Yoga Cocoa Butter Ayurveda Session 1 – 9 am.
- Yoga Cocoa Butter Ayurveda Session 2 – 10:30am.
- Paint Your Own Cocoa-Scented Candleholder with Stacey Byer – 9am.
- Making a Chocolate Foot Soak with Denell from Healthee Organics – 11pm.
- A Chocolatier, a Perfumer and a Rum maker meet at Tropical Garden at the Tower – 1:30pm.
- Chocolate and Chakra Sound Healing Session – 5:30pm.
- Closing Party at Le Phare Bleu – 6:30pm.
For more information on the Grenada Chocolate Fest events and ticket costs, visit them online at www.grenadachocolatefest.com.