Happy 57th Anniversary of Independence Guyana!
by Lou-Ann Jordan May 26, 2023
It’s our 57th Anniversary of Independence Guyana, and this weekend will see us painting the town red, black, gold, white and green.
Although we acknowledge this momentous occasion with joy and great pride, our celebration carries a touch of sobriety this year as we remember the young lives lost recently and their bereaved families.
As we offer a quiet salute to our fellow compatriots in honour of the nation’s Independence Day, let’s bask in some qualities that distinguish us. After all, we are Guyanese, and we’re proud of it! Our diversity of people and cultures sets us apart; so does our land’s pristine beauty with its spectacular waterfalls, rolling rivers, mountainous landscapes, and picturesque savannah. We abound with attractions.
This Independence, let’s engage in a short, fun trivia game. Gather the kids or friends, and let’s see how well you know about our beautiful country.
- THE NAME OF GUYANA’S RAINFOREST IS…
- Cloud Forest
- Sapo Forest
- Iwokrama Forest
- Sinharaja Forest
- THE RUPUNUNI SAVANNAH, WITH ITS DIVERSE ECOSYSTEM, IS DIVIDED BY THE…
- Akarai Mountains
- Pakaraima Mountains
- Kanuku Mountains
- Imataka Mountains
- THE WATERS FROM THE…FORM THE ORINDUIK FALLS
- Corentyne River
- Berbice River
- Mazuruni River
- Ireng River
- GUYANA IS HOME TO THE WORLD’S LARGEST SINGLE-DROP WATERFALL, WHICH IS…
- Kamarang Great Falls
- Oshi Falls
- Kaieteur Falls
- Orinduik Falls
- THE NATIONAL BIRD OF GUYANA, LOCALLY KNOWN AS THE CANJE PHEASANT, IS ALSO CALLED A …
How did you score? Was it easy? We hope you had fun and learned something new about our beautiful Guyana.
Happy Independence Day!
- Iwokrama Forest 2. Kanuku Mountains 3. Ireng River 4. Kaieteur Falls 5. Hoatzin