You Must Do These Seven Things If You’re Serious About Achieving Your Goals
by Stephanie Koathes Dec 3, 2018
Everyone has hopes dreams, and goals they’d like to accomplish. Sometimes, however, it can seem like an impossible to task to get there.
Implement these seven simple tips to help you turn your dreams into a reality.
• Set a goal deadline date: Choose a realistic date by which you want to accomplish your goal. If you have a definable time period, you’re more likely to reach your target.
• Be motivated: Set goals that truly motivate you. The key component in achieving a goal is commitment. If you’ve decided to do something, but aren’t particularly invested in the outcome, you’re not going to have the sense of commitment to see it through. Your goals should be important to you.
• Have a plan: Setting a goal without any clear idea of the steps you should take to achieve it is a sure way to leave yourself disappointed. Do you want to run your first marathon? Create a training plan and stick to it. Have your heart set on moving to a different country? Educate yourself on the procedures and the things you can do to improve your chances.
• Make sure that your goals are SMART: There are a few variations of exactly what the SMART acronym stands for but in essence, your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound.
• Write your goals down: The act of writing something down makes it real and tangible. When writing your goals use the word “will” instead of “would like to” or “might.”
• Start now: Stop putting it off, stop procrastinating. The best way to reach your goals is to start actively working towards them. Dedicate some time, even if it’s just a few minutes, to work on what you plan to achieve.
• Be realistic: Break goals up into manageable chunks. Always dreamed of visiting Italy but never been able to find all the cash to do it? Research what the trip might cost and commit to saving for it in small increments.